SINES VISIT 2013
On Saturday the 23rd of March 2013, Ballymoney Baptist Church is sending out a team of eight people to visit the Evangelical Church of Sines, Portugal.
The week long visit aims to encourage the church in Sines by ministering alongside them, while we also hope to foster a deeper relationship with the church’s pastor and members. The pastor, Rogerio Ramos, is supported by European Missionary Fellowship (one of the mission organisations we support).
Colin Adams (pastor), Victor Kennedy (elder), Jack Dean (elder), David McConville (deacon), Jonathan Brown (deacon), Joe Millican (deacon) Jonathan Kennedy (member), Cara McConville (member).
Saturday 23rd – Arrive in Portugal
Sunday 24th – Morning service with the church (Joe testimony/Colin preaching). Lunch with church/ getting to know the fellowship.
Monday 25th– Practical work. RC old people’s home Easter service (singing/Colin speaking).
Tuesday 26th – Practical work. RC old people’s home Easter service.
Wednesday 27th – Street work. Distributing literature and invitations to Friday service.
Thursday 28th – Midweek service with the church (Colin preaching)
Friday 29th– Good Friday service (David testimony/singing/Colin preaching)
We’re also planning...
- A visit to the Sines’ council to exchange gifts
- Video interviews with the pastor and possibly some members
PLEASE PRAY FOR US!
• Safe travel and good health.
• Strong unity among the team.
• Relationships to be built with Pastor Rogerio and his church.
• Speaking with translation.
• Development of future partnerships with churches such as this.
• Spiritual fruit – God’s power demonstrated despite our weakness!